Attorneys Mark A. Sessums
Experienced Florida attorneys, committed to excellence
The experienced and highly credentialed attorneys at Sessums Law Group, P.A. are powerful and thoughtful advocates for individuals, businesses, and families throughout Florida. The firm offers personal, professional service backed by a record of successful results for clients.
Find out more about the firm’s lawyers by reviewing their personal bios:
Contact Sessums Law Group to discuss your legal needs
The firm has three locations for the convenience of clients. Call the Lakeland office at 877-826-5630, the Sebring office at 863-658-4796, or contact us online to discuss how the attorneys at Sessums Law Group can help you.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 877-826-5630
Double Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and Marital and Family Lawyer
Mark A. Sessums is double board certified in Civil Trial Law and Marital and Family Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. Mark is only one of two lawyers who is currently Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Marital and Family Law out of approximately 90,000 admitted lawyers in the Florida bar. Board certification indicates that Mr. Sessums has proven knowledge, skills and proficiency in Civil Trial Law as well as Marital and Family Law and is an expert in these fields of law.
Mark A. Sessums is the founding partner of the firm. He is admitted to practice in Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. A graduate of the University of Florida, he received his B.A. in 1982 and his J.D. cum laude in 1989. He is recognized and listed in Super Lawyers (2006-2014) and was editor of the family law section of the Florida Bar Journal from 1999-2000. Mark received the highest possible rating of 10 out of 10 from AVVO.com, earning him the ranking of Superb from the world’s largest legal directory. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell, given only to those are recognized for their superior service as recognized by their peers. Mark was invited by the Advisory board of the Litigation Counsel of America to become a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America Trial Lawyers Honorary Society, whose membership is limited to less than one half of one percent of American lawyers. He is the author of the following articles:
- “What are Wife’s Contributions Worth Upon Divorce: Toward Fully Incorporating Partnership into Equitable Distribution,” Florida Law Review, Vol. 41, #5, Fall 1989
- “Family Law Fees-The High Point and the Current State of the Law,” LXXIII, No. 4, Florida Bar Journal, April 1999
- “Halfway Houses and Mental Health Treatment Facilities-Establishing Duty In Tort,” LXXVII, No. 6, Florida Bar Journal, June 2003
His memberships include the following:
- American Association For Justice; Eagle Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow; Chairman, Amicus Curiae Committee, 2002-2003; Co-Chair, Legislation, 2005-2008) Joint Committee of Florida American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Florida Bar Family Law Section to study statutory alimony reform 2013
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member, 1989-1995; President-Elect Young Lawyers Section, 1994-1995; Member, Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Section, 1991-1993)
- 10th Judicial Circuit (Grievance Committee, 1999-2000, Chair, 2000-2001)
- The Florida Bar (Member: Civil Procedure Rules Committee, 1990-1993; Family Law Rules Committee, 1994-1998; Vice-Chair, 1996-1997; Executive Council, Family Law Section, 2002-2007; Vice-Chair, Legislation, 2006-2007; Co-Chair, 2007; Trial Lawyers section)
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association
- Polk County Family Lawyers Association (Member, 2004—present President, 2002-2003)
- Public Service Law Fellow
Mark A. Sessums practices in the following areas:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 877-826-5630
Lauren Jensen is an associate with the firm and has been licensed by the Florida Bar to practice law since 2013. Ms. Jensen graduated summa cum laude from the University of Kentucky in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology. Ms. Jensen graduated magna cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in May 2013. She received Book Awards in several courses including Adoption, Juvenile Justice Law and the Full Representation Clinic. Ms. Jensen also served two semesters as a Certified Legal Intern in the Gator Team Child Juvenile Law Clinic, where she represented children in the delinquency and dependency court in Florida. Ms. Jensen is a certified Guardian ad Litem in the state of Florida.
Memberships include the following:
- United Way of Central Florida Young Leaders Society
- The Order of the Coif, University of Florida Chapter
She practices in the following areas:
Email: GGaa@sessumspa.com | Phone: 877-826-5630
Garrett Gaa is an associate with the firm and has been licensed by the Florida Bar to practice law since 2013. Mr. Gaa graduated from Florida Southern College in 2010 with a degree in Criminology and a minor in Sociology. Mr. Gaa graduated in May 2013 from Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. During his time at Florida Coastal, Mr. Gaa completed a full time Judicial Externship at the First District Court of Appeal with Judge Nikki Ann Clark and two certificate programs. He has both a Business Law and Sports Law Certificate. Mr. Gaa is one of eight students in the graduating class of 563 at Florida Coastal School of Law to graduate with a dual certificate.
Garrett Gaa practices in the following areas: