Brittany Pinson is an associate with the firm who has litigated hundreds of marital and family law cases to conclusion since being admitted to the Florida Bar in 2016.
Ms. Pinson is now Florida Bar Board Certified in Marital and Family Law.
Ms. Pinson chose to become a lawyer to give others a voice in a legal setting. This desire was fueled by her time as a teen court attorney in Highlands County and at various mock trial summer programs she attended throughout high school. Prior to joining Sessums Law Group as a clerk in 2012, Ms. Pinson worked in almost every aspect of the legal field. She started as an afternoon office runner at a one-attorney law firm in Sebring during high school, worked in various legal departments as an intern in college, and over the course of her law school career Ms. Pinson interned for multiple judges in different civil divisions and spent time interning with a housing authority on a pro bono basis as well as working at private law firms that handled family and other civil litigation. After considering this broad exposure to the law, Ms. Pinson decided that marital and family law offered the best opportunity to cultivate her passion for helping others while allowing her to experience professional satisfaction when she walks into the courtroom for a contested hearing. As a result, Ms. Pinson primarily focuses her legal career on marital and family law matters.
Ms. Pinson has attended the Florida Bar Certificate Review course for Marital & Family Law each year since 2013. And since 2016, Ms. Pinson has provided valuable drafting and editing contributions to the written materials authored by Mark A. Sessums on various topics that he has spoken on at said course.
Ms. Pinson practices in the following areas:
- Marital and Family Law
- Post-judgment Modifications of Timesharing, Child Support, & Alimony
- Post-judgment Contempt and Enforcement Actions
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Injunctions for Protection from Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Repeat Violence
- Injunctions for Protection from Stalking
- Unlawful Detainer Actions
Law school attended
Florida State University College of Law, Class of 2016, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Ms. Pinson received Book Awards, signifying receipt of a course’s highest grade, in six (6) courses: Legal Research & Writing I and II, Sex, Reproduction and the Law, Contracts, Advanced Civil Procedure and Medical Malpractice.
- Ms. Pinson was also a member of the Florida State University Law Review and received a Super Subciter Award.
Webber International University, Class of 2008, B.S. Finance, Magna Cum Laude