Providing Professional Misdemeanor and Felony Criminal Defense for Polk County, and surrounding Central Florida areas
When arrested, charged, or under investigation for a misdemeanor or felony crime it can be a very traumatic time. The accused often faces the uncertainty of what the end result will be, how your future may be affected, and in many cases, how your family and loved ones may be impacted as well.
Seeking the legal advice and representation of experienced legal counsel may be extremely valuable in ensuring you are fully aware of your legal rights and options and potential defense strategies. Experienced legal counsel may also provide you the best opportunity for the charges to be dropped or reduced, to be granted probation instead of jail or prison time, or to achieve the best possible resolution in the event your case goes to trial.
Our law office handles criminal defense cases including, but not limited to:
There are three degrees of felony crimes in the State of Florida that are not considered a Life Felony or Capital Felony:
- 3rd degree felony: punishable by up to a $5,000 fine, five (5) years prison and/or probation;
- 2nd degree felony: punishable by up to a $10,000 fine, fifteen (15) years prison and/or probation;
- 1st degree felony: punishable by up to $15,000 fine, thirty (30) years prison and/or probation.
There are two degrees of a misdemeanor crimes in the State of Florida:
- 2nd degree misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $500 fine, sixty (60) days jail and/or 6 months probation;
- 1st degree misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $1000 fine, twelve (12) months jail and/or probation.
View our Notable Criminal Case Results HERE.
Protect your rights by seeking the legal advice and representation of an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Sessums Law Group, P.A. represents clients in and around Polk county. Call our Lakeland office at 877-826-5630, our Sebring office at 863-658-4796 or contact us online to arrange an appointment. At Sessums Law Group, P.A., we stand for you!