Personal Injury Lawyers in Lakeland & Sebring, FL
Thorough, aggressive and effective representation for accident victims
Sessums Law Group, P.A. is an experienced personal injury law firm with a reputation for thorough, aggressive and effective representation. Our focus is on claims and lawsuits that involve life-changing and serious injuries due to the negligence, carelessness or wrongful conduct of another. Our first objective is to win your case through the use of aggressive strategies and trial tactics. We understand the facts and goals of each case are unique and will tailor our approach to obtain the best result for your case.
Injured clients receive the one-on-one personal attention of the attorney they hire and the support of the firm’s experienced paralegal and administrative staff. Our personal injury litigation team has the knowledge and experience to investigate complex cases, negotiate with insurance companies or the at-fault parties and reach a resolution via settlement or trial that provides the maximum results under the law. The firm has achieved sizeable verdicts and settlements for clients.
Determined representation across a wide range of injury scenarios
The firm’s attorneys provide vigorous representation and personal service to clients in all serious personal injury litigation, including complex cases and class actions arising out of the following:
- Auto accidents — We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians and bicyclists injured in auto accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents. We help injured parties settle insurance claims but will fight for justice in court when necessary.
- Medical malpractice — Our knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers manage cases of misdiagnosis, surgical injuries, prescription drug injuries, birth injuries and nursing home abuse and neglect.
- Catastrophic injuries — We have handled high-stakes cases involving life-changing injuries, such as brain or head injuries, paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Electric shock and electrocution — Negligent control of electric current can cause severe burns, internal organ damage and death. We thoroughly investigate electrical mishaps related to consumer electronics, transformers, construction sites and other potentially lethal sources.
- Transit accidents — Our attorneys represent riders, bystanders and others injured in train or bus accidents.
- Boating accidents — Watersports and ocean travel are very popular in Florida, but negligent handling of watercraft can cause injury and death. We fight for victims of boating accidents.
- Wrongful death — We help grieving families get justice and closure after losing loved ones in fatal accidents. If negligence was involved, we can aggressively pursue a financial recovery for wrongful death.
- Premises liability — Property owners and tenants who control a premises can be liable for slip and fall accidents and other injuries caused by hidden hazards on the property.
- Failure to warn — Manufacturers who market inherently dangerous products must provide labeling with adequate warnings to keep consumers safe. Companies who fail to warn consumers can be held liable for their injuries.
For these injury scenarios and many others, you can trust Sessums Law Group to provide vigorous representation.
Florida injury statistics illustrate the dangers
In Florida, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death among residents under 45 years of age and are the third leading cause of death overall. The fatality rate for unintentional injuries in Florida is 55.92 per 100,000 residents. These numbers break down as follows: per 100,000 people, motorcycle fatalities afflict 14.7 people, pedestrian fatalities affect 3.06 people, and cyclists account for 0.63 deaths. Drownings most often affect youngsters, aged newborn to nine, at a rate of 3.36 per 100,000. Finally, a significant source of injury to the elderly is accidental falls. In residents aged 65 and up, falls have a fatality rate of 66.75 per 100,000.
However, sustaining an injury does not necessarily entitle you to compensation. You must prove someone was at fault for causing your injury. That generally requires the skill of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Contingency representation with no out-of-pocket expense
Sessums Law Group represents personal injury clients on a contingency basis, which means the fee and all costs are payable only upon the successful outcome and recovery of the case. The firm offers free initial consultations to clients.
Contact the personal injury attorneys at Sessums Law Group in Lakeland & Sebring
The firm has two locations for the convenience of clients. Call the Lakeland office at 877-826-5630, the Sebring office at 863-658-4796, or contact us online to discuss how our personal injury attorneys can help you.